Howdy! My name is Chef Keem and I am the chef at the Bavarian Bistro in Austin, Texas.
A few highlights from my current life time:
- Born and raised in Munich, Germany
- Composer, arranger and producer of German pop music in the ’70s; most notably collaborations with Michael Kunze
- Immigrated to the States in 1981; married and settled in Austin, Texas
- Graduated from Le Chef in 1993; worked for Green Pastures Restaurant, Word of Mouth Catering, and various other restaurants and hotels in town
- Started own specialty food company Sweet Venus Delights in 2001; created Agasweet flavored agave nectar brand
- 11/09 – 4/10 consulting chef for Ilsa’s Kitchen, a new German restaurant in Spicewood, TX
- Now: totally passionate about bringing authentic German/Bavarian food to the good folks within the Austin city limits. Come see me at the Bavarian Bistro!
Here’s a little video collage with images from my internet activities over the last 2 years:
- I’ve had a lot of fun creating way over 100 web pages about my recipes and other personal interests on Squidoo.com
- It’s been such a rewarding experience to manage and co-author BreadHealthy.com. My dear friend and co-founder of Dr.Kracker Flatbreads, George Eckrich shares a wealth of knowledge on artisan bread baking and healthy eating
- I’m honored to run the English-language blog about the most successful German stage author of all times, Michael Kunze. Explore his fantastic hit musicals on DramaMusicals.com
- My main culinary blog can be found at Chef Keem’s Kitchen
If you are serious about learning to dance – do NOT watch this video!